Fitness & Exercise
Regular exercise is vital to maintain health and wellbeing. Regular but moderately intensive exercise is essential for persons irrespective of ones age.
- make you feel good
- help you to control your weight
- improve your circulation
- lower your blood sugar and minimize risk of diabetes
- reduce your blood pressure, cholestrol and reduce risk of heart disease.
Improving health may help you
- manage the stresses and strains of life
- reduce the central obesity
- prevent brittle bones (osteoporosis) in later life
- Reduce the tendency to be sedentary, sleep and be inactive
- improve your stamina and well-being
- keep you mobile and independent in later life
Choose an exercise activity that you like and exercise regularly i.e. walking, jogging, cycling, swimming and dancing
Recommended exercise regime is as follows:-
- 30 minutes 5 times a week or more – Good
- 30 min at least 3 times per week – Adequate
- 30 min less than 3 times per week – Inadequate
- Children need to play for at least 1 hour every day.
Sedentary activities such as sleeping, reading, and watching TV should be engaged upon for short periods of time.